Santa Rica Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva

Region Maipo Valley, Chile
Grape Cabernet Sauvignon
Style Red
Brand Santa Rita Winery

Climate & Soil
Sub- humid Mediterranean climate, with an annual average rainfall of 400 mm, concentrated in winter. Warm and dry summers, with great thermal oscillation between day and night.
In this strip of land, located at the foothills of the Andes, night temperatures tend to be lower because of cold air that flows down from the mountains, causing a daily thermal
oscillation that can exceed 17°C. The rocky subsoil ensures good drainage of rainwater and stimulates good root development. The 2010–2011 season that gave rise to the 2011 vintage was quite cold due to the influence of the La Niña phenomenon, which resulted in a heat summation that was lower than average for the zone. The wines are more elegant due to the slow ripening after veraison.

Fermented with selected yeasts at temperatures between 25° and 28°C with high color extraction at the beginning of the this process. This was followed by fermentation at a lower temperature so as to ensure a different extraction of the skin components. A long post maceration at low temperatures assured an adequate extraction for the ageing of the wine.

60% of the wine was aged in a combination of American oak barrels for 8 months. The remaining 40% was aged exclusively in stainless steel vats until bottling.

Technical Details
pH: 3.58
Total Acidity: 4.88 g/l (Expressed in Tartaric acid)
Alcohol: 14.0 % vol
Residual Sugar: 2.32 g/l

Winemaker’s comments
Our Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon comes from vineyards planted at the foot of the Andes Mountains in the Maipo Valley, a region recognized around the world for the quality of its Cabernet Sauvignon. The result is an expressive ruby-red wine with aromas that present a pleasing combination of black fruits and notes of tobacco, cedar, and the spicy notes characteristic of the
variety. Medium bodied with good balance and pleasing persistence.

Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Maipo Valley
Winemaker: Andrés Ilabaca

.As for wineries, Santa Rita has five production plants. The main one is in Alto Jahuel, Buin, and has high-technology wine-making equipment, modern bottling lines and vessels for aging 19.5 million liters of fine wines.

Customers who bought this item also bought

Fontanafredda Barolo Serralunga d'alba

Region Serralunga d’Alba, Italy
Grape Nebbiolo
Style Red
Brand Fontanafredda
go to product

Tribu Sauvignon Blanc

Region Mendoza, Argentina
Grape Sauvignon Blanc
Style White
Brand Trivento
go to product

Santa Rita 120 Sauvignon Blanc

Region Central Valley, Chile
Grape Sauvignon, Semillón, Chenin Blanc
Style White
Brand Santa Rita Winery
go to product